<$BlogRSDUrl$>

No, this place is not dead. Well, almost. It's on life-support. I plan to be back soon.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

So, well, I went a couple of days without dirtying up any virtual paper.

Last week-end, since the long legged lovely who I spend my time with was busy, I went out and bought Morrowind, which you may or may not know is an old game, but unlike Oblivion (its' sequel) is possible to be played on my two year old machine. So as a result I've become some kind of mad, addicted fool. And I'm not even sure if it's a good game.

OK, that sounds strange, but I tend to plunge in, moving from fight to fight at high speed, rarely letting the story, or the depth that they've included (something like 500 books are written into the game) catch up to impress itself on me. I've got a big case of "Let's see what's on the other side of that hill!" syndrome, and a big interest about what the next quest is, versus what the current one I'm working on is. And of course a power-gamers need to see how powerful I can make my character.

As for the game itself, it reminds me of an MMO, in the size and complexity of the world, while all being designed for one person. Which suits me a fair bit, since my biggest problem with the MMO market is that the ultimately, you're just one of many, rather than being the hero I tend to want to be-well, that and I like my gaming to be as anti-social as possible. I play video games to avoid people dammit!
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?